Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Mandie Kriek

Everything started with Ritalin when I was 15 where the Dr diagnosed me with ADHD. I started getting very aggressive and rebellious on Ritalin and was soon also diagnosed with Major Depression on my first visit to a Psychiatric Hospital. With all this being said, I was in a very toxic relationship, lost my virginity at 15 and never thought of the implications.

After my first break up with a toxic relationship, I just went crazy. I was only 16 when I first started using Ecstasy and Acid. After that my life was turned in-and-out-up-and-down for about 12 years.
      I have always been a “Christian”, but everything I believed in went fell away.
      I didn’t like school, always skipping classes.. smoking weed on the rugby field and didn’t care what I did. I had given my parents all sorts of “hell” while I was a teenager. If they grounded me I just simply snuck out of the house and went out drinking.
      I have been in approximately 8 Psychiatric Hospitals and was diagnosed with Bipolar, ADHD, Borderline Personality Disorder and Postnatal Depression after giving birth to my son. Every time only for 3 weeks. I was addicted to Tik and Cat, stealing from my parents, selling everything I could get my hands on, had sex with “friends” so that they can buy me drugs, cutting and hurting myself and tried to commit suicide about 3 times. I didn’t want to live anymore and was quite serious about taking my own life. The first time a tried to commit suicide the ambulance was just in time at the hospital to pump my stomach. Woke up in an institution (AGAIN) very angry because my little fit did not work out and I was still alive. I was completely helpless.

I decided that I couldn’t go on like this. So, I and my parents agreed to a long term treatment programme.

I went to “The Centre of Hope” which is a Christian based Centre, for over 8 months. With the help of Jesus and the team at the Centre, I finally overcame addiction and my rebellious attitude.
      I now have a better relationship with my family and friends that never gave up on me.
      I also never had a bond with my son, but with time and a lot of prayer we are much closer now.

Once where I never wanted to live, I now wake up every morning with hope, and I can proudly say I am almost 4 years clean and have another chance at life!
      Dear Father, I pray that every single person that reads my story will be inspired and filled with new hope and give over to you Lord like I have, because like You say in John – 4:16 “You are the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE”
      In Jesus Name, Amen

If you need to chat with someone, you are welcome to contact/whatsapp me on 079 992 6883

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ATHEIST
Simply say: "NO MORE!"
DON'T allow this ANYMORE!
Simply say: "NO MORE!"
BREAK THE CHAINS!
BREAK FREE!
DON'T ALLOW THIS ANYMORE!
LOVE OR LUST
DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE?
IS YOUR DIFFICULT TEEN
JUST CRYING OUT FOR
?
CLICK OP DIE INDEX ICON
om na die vrae in die boek te kyk en maklik heen en weer tussen vrae te beweeg.